Lemon essential oil
Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons, making it one of my favorite oils to diffuse and digest. The scent is cheerful, sweet, and fresh, lemon oil can eliminate odors and infuse your whole home with its clean citrus scent. Here are some ways to use one of my favorite essential oils; Lemon:
- Add 1-2 drops Lemon oil to a glass of water to help you detox. It helps alkalize the water with no calories with a refreshing taste. Use only a glass or stainless steel cup and straw as Lemon Oil will dissolve plastic and styrofoam containers.
- Use as a furniture polish by adding 1 teaspoon of Lemon Oil to 1 cup of mineral oil.
- Disinfect your produce cutting boards and other surfaces by rubbing them with a few drops of Lemon Oil.
- Diffusing Lemon essential oil will freshen the air in your home or office.
- For healthier, brighter skin, mix a drop of Lemon oil into your cleanser or moisturizer (not for sensitive skin).
- Put 4-8 drops of Lemon Oil onto a cotton ball and place in your vacuum cleaner bag to scent the air while vacuuming. Refreshes the carpet as well.
- Use in cooking instead of lemon juice for vegetables, seafood, beverages and desserts. 8 drops of Lemon Essential Oil equals the zest of 1 lemon.
- Keep your produce fresher longer by using a few drops of Lemon Oil in a bowl of cold water and soaking for a few minutes.
- Lemon Oil can be used to remove gum, grease, oil, stickers and crayons from many surfaces (test first).
- According Jean Valnet, M.D., the vaporized [diffused] essence of Lemon Oil can kill meningococcus bacteria in 15 minutes, typhoid bacilli in one hour, Staphylococcus aureus in two hours, and Pneumococcus bacteria within three hours. Even a 0.2% solution of Lemon oil can kill diphtheria bacteria in 20 minutes and inactivate tuberculosis bacteria (at the very least, it doesn’t hurt anything and it smells amazing).
- Lemon oil is effective as an insect repellent (add to a carrier oil).
- Adding a drop to your dishwasher before the wash cycle will give you spot free dishes.
You can order essential oil products one of two ways, you can sign-up as a consultant and buy product at a discount, or you can order product through me at retail. Young Living requires customers to order through a consultant – I would love to be your consultant, but there are a lot of us out there – so just find a consultant and place your order.